2.12.2011

What to do with an old picture frame?

Ok so the title is a little misleading since my picture frame is BRAND NEW but I fell in love with it and had to have it! I found this frame at Ikea for $29.99 and I know it was a bit pricey but it's also about two feet high and the insides for the project I got for free.

This is a bad quality pic, but I took it from my phone when I got home. So I decided to fill the inside with a collage of old sheet music. My dad, being a music minister, found an ole book for me from the 1800s! I wasn't sure if he knew I was going to tear pages out but I double checked and he said it was fine. So the only other thing I needed was a little glue! I used plain ol' Elmer's glue.
This book was really really really old!
I found this funny little card inside saying "Don't forget the old ones!"
So I tore a few pages out of hymns I recognized like It Is Well, Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam, What a Friend We Have in Jesus, etc.
I used the paper backing that came in the frame so I didn't have to cut anything to size. The pages were so old and brittle they tore perfectly. I slowly glued each piece down to the paper oval and made sure no white was showing through the cracks.
It took a really long time! Like two hours!
I let the glue dry, trimmed the edges, and put it in the frame! That easy! I used the title of the book at the top, because it said Victory Songs. I laid it down and put heavy books on the back overnight just because the paper was curling badly. Now it looks awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment